(A) When the vice president for student life or designee has reasonable cause to believe that the student's presence on university premises or at a university-related or registered student organization activity poses a significant risk of substantial harm to the safety or security of themselves, others, or to property, the student may be immediately suspended from all or any portion of university premises, university-related activities or registered student organization activities. The interim suspension will be confirmed by a written statement.
(B) The interim suspension shall remain in effect until:
- The conclusion of the student conduct process, including any appeal;
- The vice president of student life or designee terminates the interim suspension in writing; or
- The vice president of student life or designee terminates the interim suspension upon written request by the student where a determination is made that reasonable cause for the interim suspension no longer exists.
- The request from the student must be in writing and must include supporting documentation or evidence that the student does not pose, or no longer poses, a significant risk of substantial harm to the safety or security of themselves, others, or to property.
- A decision on such a request will be made without undue delay by the vice president of student life or designee.
(Board approval dates: 3/2/2001, 7/11/2003, 5/14/2010, 4/6/2012, 5/31/2019)