The respondent may elect for the university conduct board to adjudicate charges involving prohibited behaviors listed in rule 3335-23-04 of the Administrative Code, except paragraphs (A) (academic misconduct). The director of student conduct will recommend members for approval as follows:
- Fifteen faculty and/or staff members appointed by the vice president of student life for three year terms;
- Fifteen undergraduate student members, appointed by undergraduate student government for two year terms;
- Six graduate student members, appointed by the council of graduate students for two year terms;
- Four professional student members, appointed by the inter-professional council for two year terms; and
- The director of student conduct or designee shall serve as board coordinator ex-officio without vote.
A quorum for a hearing shall be no fewer than four voting members of the board, which shall include no fewer than two student members, unless the respondent elects not to include student members. A hearing board shall consist of no more than eight voting members.
(C) Eligibility and alternates.
- To be eligible for appointment or service, a student must possess a minimum 2.5 cumulative grade point average and not be under current disciplinary sanction from the university.
- Additional alternate members may be appointed as needed.
- Removal. The director of student conduct may remove university conduct board members under certain circumstances, including but not limited to, not attending training, falling below the minimum grade point average, repeated absences, violating the code of student conduct or other applicable laws or rules, policies, standards, or guidelines, or not responding to repeated attempts at communication. Whenever possible, notification shall be made in writing to the university conduct board member prior to removal.
(Board approval dates: 3/2/2001, 12/7/2007, 4/6/2012, 4/8/2016, 9/2/2016, 5/31/2019)