84-01 Ethical pledge.
(A) Each member of the medical staff and health care providers with clinical privileges shall pledge adherence to standard medical ethics, including:
(1) Refraining from fee splitting or other inducements relating to patient referral;
(2) Providing for continuity of patient care;
(3) Refraining from delegating the responsibility for diagnosis or care of hospitalized patients to a medical or dental practitioner or other licensed healthcare professional who is not qualified to undertake this responsibility or who is not adequately supervised;
(4) Seeking consultation whenever necessary; and
(5) Never substituting physicians without the patient's knowledge or appropriate consent.
(Board approval dates: 11/4/2005, 8/31/2012, 4/6/2016)