Presidential Selection Subcommittee
The Presidential Selection Subcommittee is composed of trustees Hiroyuki Fujita (chair), Jeff M.S. Kaplan, Elizabeth Kessler, Tom B. Mitevski, Lewis Von Thaer, Reginald A. Wilkinson and John W. Zeiger. The PSS works in concert with the University Advisory Subcommittee, manages the use of external search firm Education Executives and ultimately provides a candidate recommendation to the board.
University Advisory Subcommittee
The University Advisory Subcommittee is composed of students, faculty and staff from across Ohio State. It is tasked with representing the broader Ohio State community in order to identify the qualities, skills, attributes and experiences desired in a candidate.
The co-chairs are Jan Box-Steffensmeier, Vernal Riffe Professor of Political Science and professor of sociology in the College of Arts and Sciences, and Phillip Popovich, Ray W. Poppleton Research Designated Chair in the Department of Neuroscience in the College of Medicine. Additional members include:
- Martha Belury, Carol S. Kennedy professor of human nutrition, College of Education and Human Ecology
- Carol R. Bradford, dean, College of Medicine; vice president for health sciences, Wexner Medical Center
- Molly Ranz Calhoun, president and CEO, The Ohio State University Alumni Association
- Jorge E. Clavo Abbass, president, Council of Graduate Students
- Michael C. Eicher, senior vice president for advancement; president, The Ohio State University Foundation
- Isil Erel, David A. Rismiller Chair in Finance, Fisher College of Business
- Russell Hassan, Ambassador Milton A. and Roslyn Z. Wolf Chair in Public and International Affairs, John Glenn College of Public Affairs
- Ayanna Howard, dean, College of Engineering
- Michael Ibrahim, director, School of Music
- Cathann A. Kress, vice president for agricultural administration and dean, College of Food, Agricultural and Environmental Sciences
- Scott Levi, professor and chair, Department of History, College of Arts and Sciences
- Anthony Long, president, Inter-Professional Council
- Andrew Pierce, president, Undergraduate Student Government
- Paul Rose, associate dean for strategic initiatives, Moritz College of Law
- Taylor A. Schwein, graduate student trustee
- Gene Smith, senior vice president and Wolfe Foundation Endowed Athletic Director, Department of Athletics
- Claudia Turro, professor and chair, Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, College of Arts and Sciences
- Laurel Van Dromme, chair, University Staff Advisory Committee
If you have questions about access or wish to request accommodations for any of the materials or events related to the presidential search, please contact the Board Office at email@example.com or 614-292-6359.