Erin P. Hoeflinger has dedicated her 25-year career to building a better health care system and improving access to health care. Through a variety of leadership roles, Mrs. Hoeflinger has played a central role in transforming the country’s health care system to a value-based model focused on improving quality, lowering cost and generating a better patient experience. She is driven by her conviction that the key to creating a true health care system – one that proactively creates health and functions efficiently – lies in collaborating with health care providers, leveraging data and technology, and putting the consumer at the center of the model.
Currently, she is senior vice president of business strategy and execution at Aetna. In this role, she is leading the implementation of Aetna's strategy and connecting it to the operating plans across the Aetna business.
Prior to her current role, she served as the leader of both the Commercial Local Business Division and the Commercial & Specialty Business Division for Anthem, Inc.’s six-state East Region, and was responsible for strategic planning and execution of Anthem’s operations serving a total of 14 states and more than 16 million members. She also served as president of Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield in Ohio, following progressive leadership positions in sales, operations and health care management.
Mrs. Hoeflinger combines her commitment to improving Americans’ health with extensive leadership in civic and business affairs. She holds an MBA from Xavier University and a bachelor’s degree from Wright State University.
She serves on numerous boards and advisory councils, including her roles with the Healthcare Leadership Council, the Midmark Corporation Board of Directors, and the MainSource Financial Group and MainSource Bank Board of Directors.
Mrs. Hoeflinger has received numerous awards and professional recognition throughout her career:
- Awarded the People of Vision Award by Prevent Blindness in 2017
- Awarded the Ohio Diversity Council’s 2016 Top 15 Business Women Award
- Received Alumna of the Year award from the Wright State Alumni Association in 2015
- Appointed to the Women Business Leaders of the U.S. Health Care Industry Foundation
- Named to Dayton’s Power 50 list in 2014, 2015 and 2016
- Named to Cincy Magazine's Power 100 list in 2017 and each of the six years prior
- Received the 2011 Ohio Glass Ceiling Award from the Diversity Council of Ohio
Mrs. Hoeflinger resides in Springboro, Ohio, with her husband and two daughters.
Appointed by: Gov. John R. Kasich
Term: 11/27/2013 – 05/13/2022