Student Trustee Application and Selection
The Board of Trustees is the highest level of governance at Ohio State. It serves as the chief fiduciary and strategic body of the university, and its decisions ultimately shape the future of Ohio State and directly impact students, faculty and staff.
The board consists of 20 members appointed by the governor of Ohio: 15 voting residents, two voting student trustees and three non-voting charter trustees (non-Ohio residents). The undergraduate and graduate/professional student trustees each serve two-year terms, attend board executive sessions and vote at the committee and board levels.
This year, the Board of Trustees is searching for a graduate or professional student to serve from May 2018 to May 2020.
Each applicant must be:
- An Ohio resident
- Planning to remain an Ohio resident/attend Ohio State for at least the next two years
- In good academic standing
- Not on disciplinary probation
Application and Selection Process
The application for the graduate/professional student trustee position will be available here on Friday, December 1, 2017. Interested candidates must deliver a completed application by Monday, January 8, 2018, to the Board of Trustees Office in 210 Bricker Hall.
The Office of Student Life oversees the application and interview process. A selection committee of student leaders will interview each applicant and select five finalists to recommend to the governor’s office. After interviewing the finalists, the governor will appoint one student to serve a two-year term.
To learn more about the student trustee selection process, you may attend one of the following information sessions:
- Tuesday, November 14, Thompson Library, Room 204, 6-7 p.m.
- Monday, November 20, Prior Hall, Room 400, 6-7 p.m.
- Tuesday, November 28, Fisher Hall, Room 800, 6-7 p.m.
- Wednesday, December 6, Ohio Union, Round Meeting Room (3rd floor), 6-7 p.m.