Erin P. Hoeflinger (2022)
Erin P. Hoeflinger was appointed to the board by Governor Kasich in November 2013.
A tireless advocate for improving health care access, Erin Hoeflinger has played a central role in transforming the country’s health care system to a value-based model focused on improving quality, lowering cost, and generating a better patient experience. She is driven by her conviction that the key to creating a true health care system – one that proactively creates health and functions efficiently – lies in collaborating with health care providers, leveraging data and technology, and putting the consumer at the center of the model.
As the leader of the Commercial and Specialty Business Division for Anthem, Inc.’s six-state East Region consisting of Connecticut, Georgia, Maine, New Hampshire, New York and Virginia – Erin is responsible for all strategic planning and execution for Anthem’s operations serving 7.7 million members.
Erin has dedicated her 25+ year career to building a better health care system. Prior to her current role, she served as President of Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield in Ohio, following progressive leadership positions in sales, operations, and health care management.
Erin combines her commitment to improving Americans’ health with extensive leadership in civic and business affairs. She holds an MBA from Xavier University and a bachelor’s degree from Wright State University.
Erin serves in numerous board and advisory council roles, including National Healthcare Leadership Council Board representative, The Ohio State University Board of Trustees, Midmark Corporation Board of Directors, and MainSource Financial Group and MainSource Bank Board of Directors.
Erin has received numerous awards and professional recognition throughout her career:
- Awarded the People of Vision Award by Prevent Blindness in 2017
- Awarded the Ohio Diversity Council’s 2016 Top 15 Business Women Award
- Received Alumna of the Year award from the Wright State Alumni Association in 2015
- Appointed to the Women Business Leaders of the U.S. Health Care Industry Foundation
- Named to Dayton’s Power 50 list in 2014, 2015 & 2016
- Named to the Cincy magazine Power 100 list in 2017 and each of the six years prior
- Received the 2011 Ohio Glass Ceiling Award from the Diversity Council of Ohio
Ms. Hoeflinger resides in Springboro, Ohio with her husband and two daughters.